Working on my dissertation is pushing me over an economic cliff, and I am not too proud to ask for help. Suggested Donation: $1 to $5Tags: #ActiveVoice, #CBDissertation, ActVoice.com, Bivona Dissertation, charlesbivona.com, Culture, History, Jersey Poet, Poetry, politics, PTSD, Vietnam, Vietnam Vet, War, Writer, Writing
Working on my dissertation is pushing me over an economic cliff, and I am not too proud to ask for help. Suggested Donation: $1 to $5
By Charles Bivona : I’m so exhausted with these gluttonous, hoarding billionaires waltzing around my society with impunity, with this attitude: Well, I’m certainly not going to apologize for my success.
A small ribbon of water ran down the side of a hill, past a well near my grandmother’s house. I was playing with my cousins. Their callow hands roamed over snow-blown bark, frozen grass and packed snow.
They lived in holes, trenched in desperation before the newest WMD—the German Machine Gun. The German bunkers were well-built and well-supplied. German soldiers sat, waited for an English head to pop up, just for a peak, and then…
By Charles Bivona | I was supposed to be following my breathing. I was supposed to stare at this white wall—“the emptiness of it”—and silently “count my breaths.” Simple Zazen: Breath in and count one. Breath out and count two. When you reach ten, begin at one again. I was supposed to sit on this hard buckwheat pillow, legs in a half-pretzel pose, and learn to ignore what the Zen Master called my monkey mind—“always fidgeting around!”
A Cultural View by Reverend Manny
I’m no political pundit. I’m just a poet who became a cultural historian by accident. Seriously, I tripped into this life. And from my perspective, the U.S. seems poised to make the same mistake it made in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan. Our government is poised to focus more on U.S. financial interests than on the will of Egyptian people—the families on the streets of Cairo. We are poised to be the bad guys on the wrong side of history, again. But we do have a choice.
- The hanging part bothers me, but history is history. Better to just run on the b...By Charles Bivona on 2011-03-16 19:37:35
- Thank you for the comment. You are my first famous voice over artist friend. You...By Charles Bivona on 2011-02-26 18:32:52
- Thanks for posting my inaugural nipple-tweaking video!...By DC Douglas on 2011-02-26 18:13:49
- Yep. I doubt he knows the difference....By Charles Bivona on 2011-02-12 18:10:02
- Bill O'Reilly says "forment" when he means "foment" at 5:41....By Omer on 2011-02-12 15:12:45
- Charles Bivona:The hanging part bothers me, b
- Charles Bivona:Thank you for the comment. You
- DC Douglas:Thanks for posting my inaugura
- Charles Bivona:Yep. I doubt he knows the diff
- Omer:Bill O'Reilly says "forment" w
- Fina:Thank you so much. This song i
- Charles Bivona:Thank you for reading and comm
- ali:fantastic article keep it up!!
- Charles Bivona:Thank you! I will check it out
- Interior sliding closet doors:Great post! I’ll be sure to ad